by Neependra Khare (@neependra) on Sunday, 15 January 2017
- Technical level
Containers are now matured and becoming the detault choice to deploy microservices. We can bring our application up, scale up & down in no time with container orchestrators like Docker Swarm and Kubernetes. In this workshop we’ll explore Kubernetes and look at how we can deploy & monitor a microservice using containers.
- Look at the basics on any container orchestrator
- Setup of all in one Kubernetes with Minikube or access to cloud setup would be provided
- Look at the architecture of Kubernetes and different components
80 - 90 mins
- Look at different objects of Kubernetes - Pod, ReplicaSets, Deployments, Servcies, Secrets, ConfigMaps ..
- Deploy a sample micro-service application
- Scale up/down the components the application
- Monitoring of the application
- Discussion about deploying Kubernetes in production
- Q & A
- Basic Linux and Docker knowledge is required
- No prior knowledges of Kubernetes is required
- Access to a laptop/system with VirtualBox installed or a Linux VM
Neependra Khare is Founder and Principal Consultant at CloudYuga. CloudYuga provides training and consulting on Docker, Kubernetes, CoreOS, GO Programming etc. He is one of the Docker Captain as well and running Docker Meetup Group in Bangalore for 3 years. In 2015 he authored a book on Docker, Docker Cookbook. In 2016 he co-authored a course on Cloud Infrastructure Technologies at Edx for Linux Foundation,
He has recently launched a MOOC Container Fundamentals - Docker, runC, Rkt.