by Ankit Solanki on Tuesday, 14 February 2017
- Full talk of 40 mins duration
- Technical level
When we started out, ClearTax was a single monolithic application. We had a small team (3 people!) and it worked for us.
We now have multiple products, many internal services, a much larger team. This is the story of our gradual migration towards a microservices company: to to perform infrastructure surgery on a production platform while you’re growing your team and adding user-facing products at the same time.
- Historical picture: what we started with and the evolution over time
- Current status, and our platform roadmap going ahead
- Why the transition took time, and is still happening in places
- Managing complexity, building tooling for our common problems
- Tradeoffs between features vs. infrastructure
- Pain points and mistakes made, the lessons we have learned
- Takeaways for people who are just starting out
Ankit: CTO and Co-Founder of ClearTax (YC S2014).