by Burzin Engineer (@burzinengineer) on Tuesday, January 24, 2017
- Full talk of 40 mins duration
- Technical level
PhonePe is a mobile payment solution based on NPCI UPI. Phonepe infrastructure runs on a combination of docker containers, VMs and baremetals. This talk focuses on an internal cloud solution which helps manage the various components using mesos.
Brief Introduction to PhonePe Infrastructure 5m
- Layout of applications on Mesos with Marathon Framework exclusively on containers, exlusively implementing business logic, written in java or nodejs.
- Applications on VMs (Egs: loadbalancers )
- Applications on Baremetal servers (Egs: Databases)
- Core Infrastructure components (routers,firewalls,tunnels,dns,dhcp etc)
The Problem 5m
- Devops needs to manage an environment that consists of containers, virtual machines and Baremetals seamlessly.
- Need to manage resources like CPU, Memory, private IPs
- Constraints like tenancy, apps on SSD, PCI etc.
- Multiple Operating Systems/Versions
Mesos Frameworks 12m
- Anatomy of a mesos framework with a simple example
- Apply above to describe the PhonePe kvm framework to deply VMs on the mesos cloud
- Some open issues and workaround
The big picture 12m
- PhonePe Cloud Implementation
- Multiple Environments(staging,integration)
- Multiple DataCenters
- How does everything i.e., the application mesos cluster, the virtual machine cloud and the baremetals tie into a single seamless infrastructure
- Short update on integration of DNS
Q & A 5m
Burzin Engineer is the cofounder and Chief Reliability Officer at PhonePe.